Web design encompasses many different skills and disciplines in the production and maintenance of websites. The different areas of web design include web graphic design; user interface design; authoring, including standardised code and proprietary software; user experience design; and search engine optimization.
- Location: Winnipeg, MB
- Salary: $33.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Web designers plan, create and code internet sites and web pages, many of which combine text with sounds, pictures, graphics and video clips. A web designer is responsible for creating the design and layout of a website or web pages. It and can mean working on a brand new website or updating an already existing site. Web designers use their creative and software engineering/programming skills to design, build and improve websites. They understand user experience and are able to build websites that are easy to understand, navigate, and use, and adhere to design standards and specifications. They are sometimes known as a front-end developer.
We are looking for a web designer who will be responsible for creating great websites for our clients. Primary duties include conceptualizing and implementing creative ideas for client websites, as well as creating visual elements that are in line with our clients’ branding. You will be working closely with our web development team to ensure proper and hassle-free implementation.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have excellent visual design skills and be proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
Web Designer Responsibilities:
- Conceptualizing creative ideas with clients.
- Testing and improving the design of the website.
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients.
- Working with different content management systems.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps, and wireframes.
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites.
- Designing sample pages including colors and fonts.
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
Web Designer Requirements:
- A relevant diploma in a related field.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
1 year to less than 2 years
- Consult with clients to develop and document Website requirements
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop Website architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Website
- Create and optimize content for Website using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web-site related code
Experience and Specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere Pro
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply