A construction laborer or construction worker does physical labor on construction sites. They may prepare sites by cleaning them, loading or unloading materials, and removing hazards. A general laborer may also run some types of equipment, or put together and take apart scaffolding and other temporary structures. They are essential to highway construction, building, and environmental remediation.
- LocationKingston, ON
- Salary$$20.00 to $26.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Early Morning, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Load, unload and transport construction materials; Level earth to fine grade specifications; Pave and rake asphalt
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Trampers (Jumping Jack); Sledgehammer; Concrete saws; Bobcats
- Construction Specialization
- Roads and bridges; Residential; Driveways
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat; Safety vest
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Dusty
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Reliability
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply